PET COSTUME CONTEST
Sunday, Feb 26, 2017
3:00 pm with awards at 4:30 pm
Join in the fun with Maddie Kirker and Chester from Fox 21 at the GalaxyFest Dog Costume Contest!
Creative costumes and themed human/dog costumes are encouraged. There will be TWO Categories for the Costume Contest: Adult/Pet and Child/Pet. There will only be one contest on Sunday, Feb 26, 2017
Coordinators: Coats 4 Canines founder Vicki Gramm and Bonnie Noufer
Awards will be given for a variety of categories:
– Best Trick
– Best Matching Costumes
– Best Hero
– Best Small Dog
– Best Large Dog
– Best in Show ($150 cash prize provide by Waste Connections)
Contest Entrance Fee: One GalaxyFest admission ticket must be purchased or a $5 registration fee. Donate below. Partial proceeds go to support Coats 4 Canines.
Note: If you have already purchased your GalaxyFest badge, you can skip this ticketing step.
Note 2: If you only intend for you and your dog to participate in the contest, please, purchase ticket below and return to this page to fill in the registration form.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
COMPETITION RULES Click for details...
- A minimum of one (1) human adult admissions (Sunday Only, Weekend, or VIP) GalaxyFest badge/pass is required for contest entry and admittance
- Entries will be submitted no later than (hour before contest). The contest begins promptly at (time of contest)
- Winners will be announced at approximately 4:30 pm. The winning dog(s) will pose for a photo. Winners’ name and photo will be included in our post-event press releases and on our website
- Judging Criteria for “Best Trick” and “Best Matching Costumes”: Entrants will be judged on behavior, costume, creativity, humor, charisma & uniqueness. These awards do not require the human participants to have made or altered their dog’s and/or their costumes. Best Trick is based on performance, and Best Matching Costumes is based on the costumes of either one or more dogs in an entry or the person and dog’s costume. (EX: Han Solo and Chewbacca)
- Judging Criteria For Best Costume and Best in Show: Entrants will be judged on behavior, costume, creativity, humor, charisma & uniqueness. For costume judging the judges will only be judging what you have altered and/or made on the costume(s). If the costume is store bought it will not be eligible for these two rewards. Please arrive at least 20-30 minutes before the start of the contest so that we can examine your costumes up close.
- Dogs must be leashed and accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Proof of current rabies vaccine required. Most veterinary offices can mail or fax you a copy of your dog’s vaccination records for free. There are numerous low cost vaccination clinics around the city if your dog is not up to date on vaccines.
- Dogs must be friendly and well behaved. No reactive dogs. In this case we define reactive dogs as a dog that has an overreaction to external stimuli.
- No puppies under 4 months without vaccinations
- Pick up after your dog
- No dogs in heat
- Costumes must be safe and comfortable for dogs
All entrants must show up 30 minutes prior to the competition for roll call in the Palmer Room (front hallway to the right, inside Antler’s front door).
Entrants will be limited to 25 dogs.
All entrants will sign a waiver/release upon arrival.
All entries will be contacted back via email with a contestant # and check-in info.
If you have any questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to Coats 4 Canines